Monday, July 17, 2017

Europe 2017: Back Home

Well, it was a long day and I've been up for 21 hours, but I am back in Michigan. I flew Air Canada from Prague to Toronto, and then had a crazy long layover before an extremely short flight back to Detroit on a 50-seat plane.

I woke up in Plzeƈ and I'm going to sleep in Saline. It's been a crazy three weeks but it's been a lot of fun hanging out with you. I'll do one more final wrap-up in a few days, but don't be surprised if I don't post for a little bit. Typing all those articles was a ton of work, not to mention photos and videos!

If you've ever thought of doing a trip overseas, do it. Do it as soon as possible - don't wait and put other things in the way, or else you'll never do it. Get out of your comfort zone. Embrace the relaxing, quiet, non-American lifestyle. Eat dinner at 8. Visit cathedrals that were built before the New World was even discovered. Stand and enjoy just being somewhere without taking a dozen selfies!

Six months' worth of work wrapped up today, and it was a thrill. I'm so glad to be back home and am eager to be back on familiar ground, but there's that little part of me already that is making notes for my next big trip. Time to save my pennies!

No comments:

Post a Comment