Friday, May 19, 2017

Summer Crazy Is About to Begin

It's January. There are approximately five months until summer break. I look at my summer and go, "I have so much free time! Let me fill this in with a few fun things."

It's May. There's two weeks until summer break. I look at my summer and go, "I have zero free time! Why did I plan so much stuff?!"

Every summer seems to go like that for me and a lot of people I know. We start making plans, finalizing trips, scheduling conferences, slotting in work time, and suddenly there's no free time left. Every weekday or weekend has a party, a vacation, or a commitment.

Crazy!

This summer is no different for me. I thought I had some time between the end of school and the 2017 WELS Conference on Worship, Music, and the Arts (AKA Worship Conference). In reality, there's barely a week in between.

After that I have another single week before I'm off to Europe, hitting Great Britain, Germany, and the Czech Republic. I'm visiting tourist sites, visiting family, and visiting a church where I helped them start their annual Vacation Bible School six years ago.

Along with all of that stuff, I will still have plenty of schoolwork to keep me busy. I'll have faculty meetings, classroom cleanings, a big reading conference, general organization, and lots of music planning that will fill up any free time I have at home!

Crazy!

"Summer Busy" is different from "School Busy," that's for sure, but it's still busy.

If you aren't aware, I made a New Year's Resolution in 2017 saying that I would be writing every day. Even in the craziness of this summer, I can't let that be an excuse not to write - especially since I have been so diligent for almost five whole months!

That's why I started up this blog again. I will be writing posts about my busy summer and my crazy vacations and I am inviting you to join me! It promises not only to be informative, but fun and a little bit quirky.

After all, this summer promises to be crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment